Professor San Ping Jiang
Room Number: 610.142
Phone: +61 8 9266 9804
Fax: +61 8 9266 1138
PhD City University , BEng South China University of Technology
- High temperature electrochemistry and solid state ionics
- Development and synthesis of nano-particles, novel catalysts and membranes by layer by layer self-assembly methods
- Solid oxide fuel cells, solid oxide electrolysis cells, proton exchange membrane fuel cells, direct methanol fuel cells and high temperature proton exchange membrane fuel cells
Selected recent publications
Invited book chapters:
- P. Balaya, SP Jiang, A. Yamada, BVR Chowdari, Guest Editors, Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, Special Issue to ICMAT 2009, Symposium F: nanostructured materials for electrochemical energy systems: lithium batteries, supercapacitors and fuel cells, June 28-July 3, 2009, Singapore, Vol. 14, Number 10.
- SP Jiang, X Wang, Chapter IX. Fuel Cells: Advances and Challenges in Handbook of Solid State Electrochemistry - Electrodes, Interfaces and Ceramic Membranes, Volume II, Edited by VV Kharton, Wiley-VCH, in press.
- SP Jiang, 2010, Chapter 5 - Thin coating technologies and applications in high temperature solid oxide fuel cells in Organic Nanostructured Film Devices and Coatings for Clean Energy, Handbook of Nanostructured Thin Films and Coatings, Edited by Sam Zhang, CRC Press, pp.155-188.
- SP Jiang and Jian Li, 2009, Chapter 3 - Cathodes in Solid Oxide Fuel Cells: Materials Properties and Performance, Edited by Jeffrey W. Fergus, Rob Hui, Xianguo Li, David P. Wilkinson, and Jiujun Zhang, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, pp. 131-177.
- SP Jiang, JG Love, and SPS Badwal, 1997, Electrochemical techniques in studies of solid ionic conductors in Electrical Properties of Oxide Materials, Edited by J. Nowotny and C.C. Sorrell, Trans Tech Publications, Zurich, Switzerland (Key Engineering Materials, 125-126) pp.81-132.
- KF Chan, N Ai, SP Jiang, 2010, Development of (Gd,Ce)O2-impregnated (La,Sr)MnO3 anodes of high temperature solid oxide electrolysis cells, J. Electrochem. Soc., 157, in press.
- N Ai, SP Jiang, Z Lu, KF Chen, WH Su, 2010, Nona-structured (Ba,Sr)(Co,Fe)O3- impregnated (La,Sr)MnO3 cathode for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells, J. Electrochem. Soc., 157, B1033-1039.
- M Yang, SF Lu, JL Lu, SP Jiang, Y Xiang, 2010, Layer-by-layer self-assembly of PDDA/PWA-Nafion composite membranes for direct methanol fuel cells, Chem. Commun., 46, 1434-1436.
- HL Tang, M Pan, SF Lu, JL Lu, SP Jiang, 2010, One-step synthesized HPW/meso-silica inorganic proton exchange membranes for fuel cells, Chem. Commun., 46, 4351-4353.
- SF Lu, DL Wang, SP Jiang, Y Xiang, JL Lu, J Zeng, 2010, HPW/MCM-41 mesoporous silica composites as novel proton exchange membranes for elevated temperature fuel cells, Adv. Mater., 22, 971-976.
- DL Wang, SF Lu, SP Jiang, 2010, Pd/HPW-PDDA-MWCNTs as effective non-Pt electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction reaction of fuel cells, Chem. Commun., 46, 2058-2060.
- FL Liang, J Chen, SP Jiang, B Chi, J Pu, L Jian, 2009, High performance solid oxide fuel cells with electrocatalytically enhanced (La,Sr)MnO3 cathodes, Electrochem. Commun., 11, 1048-1051.
- SY Wang, N Kristian, SP Jiang, X Wang, 2009, Controlled synthesis of dendritic AuPt core-shell nanomaterials for use as an effective fuel cell electrocatalysts, Nanotechnology, 20, 025605.
- SY Wang, X Wang and SP Jiang, 2008, PtRu nanoparticles supported on 1-aminopyrene functionalized MWCNTs and their electrocatalytic activity for methanol oxidation, Langmuir, 24, 10505-10512.
- CW Xu, H Wang, PK Shen and SP Jiang, 2007, Highly ordered Pd nanowire arrays as effective electrocatalysts for ethanol oxidation in direct alcohol fuel cells, Adv. Mater., 19, 4256-4259.
- SP Jiang, L Zhang and YJ Zhang, 2007, Lanthanum strontium manganese chromite perovskite oxides synthesized by gelcasting for solid oxide fuel cells, J. Mater. Chem., 17, 2627-2635.
- ZQ Tian, SP Jiang, YM Liang and PK Shen, 2006, Synthesis and characterization of Pt catalysts on multi-walled carbon nanotubes by intermittent microwave irradiation for fuel cell applications, J. Phys. Chem. B, 110, 5343-5350.
- SP Jiang, ZC Liu and ZQ Tian, 2006, Layer-by-layer self-assembly of composite polyelectrolyte/Nafion membrane for direct methanol fuel cells, Adv. Mater., 18, 1068-1072.